Our league has a variety of volunteer opportunities. Enthusiasm and compassion are the prerequisites. By giving only a few hours of your time, you will not only make a difference in the life of a child with special needs, but also grow as a person.
- Game Day Help
Ages 12 and up | Any qualified individual or group can give individuals with special needs the gift of baseball by volunteering as a Buddy. Our Buddy system pairs each player with a volunteer helper. Buddy training is provided on-site before your shift begins. Working one-on-one with our players will warm your heart and give you a new perspective on life. Sign up by following the Volunteer Registration button.
Goals for our Buddies include:
- Assist the player according to his/her needs.
- Protect the player at all times.
- Allow the player as much freedom as possible to play.
- Have fun!
Ages 16 and up | Do you have an hour or so once a week to spare in the spring or fall? No practices. No play-offs. No angry competition. Just fun! You don’t have to know much about baseball. You just need a heart for the players and a compassionate, enthusiastic spirit. It’s the most rewarding coaching experience you’ll ever have.
In a 2011 survey, 100% of Miracle League families said they would recommend our program to others. The number one reason? Our coaches! Sign up by emailing Cyndy Vagle.
“Coaching The Miracle League has been one of the greatest blessings in my and my son Jack’s lives. It is truly a miraculous experience, not only for the players, coaches, and buddies, but also for the families of the players. I thank God for how rich this makes so many lives. I am a coach, and I love all the kids! They make me rich!”
- Frank B. Yarborough
Ages 12 and up | Assist at our registration table, or as an announcer, umpire, DJ, or scoreboard operator. Help out during special events like season parties, community events, or fundraiser activities. Sign up by following the Volunteer Registration button.
Ages 12 and up | Church groups, athletic teams, corporate groups, civic groups, and school clubs are just a few examples. Volunteering as a group builds camaraderie and a sense of community involvement. Sign up by emailing Cyndy Vagle.
- Volunteers must be at least 12 years old.
- Volunteers must first attend a training session, held on-site before each shift.
- Volunteers must pre-register weekly for the shift they wish to serve.
- Volunteer shifts, assigned by the Field Manager, are a minimum of three hours.
- Click the button to sign up as an individual volunteer.
- For group or coaching opportunities, email Cyndy Vagle.